Thursday, August 20, 2009

Welcome back to a great new year!

Welcome back to a wonderful year at Maury Elementary!  I’m so excited to see all of the new faces, and all of our returning students.  This is going to be a great year in the library! 

We have a few changes this year.  First, of course, is this blog!  I hope to use this to communicate more effectively with you.  At the beginning of each week, I’ll post a summary of what your child will be doing in the library that week.  I’ll tell you which books we’ll be reading and the type of activities we’ll be doing.  In some cases, I may include additional books on the same topic that you can share with your child at home.

Please note, however, that the things I’m posting here are a plan, and plans can and do change!  The information I provide here is designed to give you a general idea of what we’ll be doing in the library, but keep in mind that if your child comes home talking about a slightly different day in the library, the plan may have been adjusted.

Comments are open on each post I make here, but I will be moderating the comments.  That means that I will read and approve each comment before it posts.  Also, please keep in mind that this blog is open to the Internet at large.  If you mention your child in your comment, please use his or her first name only.

I hope this blog will prove to be a useful tool, and I encourage you to check in here often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment